South Africa: Senior Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Job 2014
Organization: Education Development Center
Country: South Africa
Closing date: 31 Mar 2014
Education Development Center (EDC) is a leader in international programs and research. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. EDC is looking for candidates for long term positions for an upcoming proposal focused specifically on health education.
Senior Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research: 100% time over 5 years
This individual will lead monitoring, evaluation and research interventions for the activity.
· Master’s Degree or preferably higher in Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, M& E or other relevant discipline or in lieu of the Master’s Degree 5 years of directly-relevant work experience in addition to the bullet below.
· Minimum eight years working on monitoring, evaluation and research in the social welfare and/or HIV and AIDS, health communication field, managing data intensive programs and designing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) methodologies and tools, with progressively increasing responsibility.
· Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of rigorous quantitative and qualitative research studies, rapid appraisals, etc., and methods for data analysis.
· Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
· Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for system strengthening/capacity building with ability to build capacity in monitoring, evaluation and research.
· Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an advantage.
· Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
· Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
· Excellent references.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may send resumes to IDDJobs@edc.org. Please list the position and region to which you’re applying in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.